You've spent months planning your big day and now it's nearly here. If you want to make sure that your big day is as fabulous as you've dreamt it will be, follow our hints and tips over the next few months to get some great advice to make sure your wedding day is all you imagined it should be.
Tip 2 - Managing your wedding suppliers in the last week
Every wedding has a vast array of different suppliers to make it happen and with all the excitement in the run up to the wedding it can be easy to neglect them in the last week - here's some tips on how to get the best out of them:
- Call each one of your suppliers and ensure you are both clear on what your expectations are of them on the wedding day (when they should arrive, who they should ask for, what they will be doing, how long they will be staying etc)
- Choose someone who can act as a contact point for any suppliers should anything happen on the day (e.g. transport problems, illness). Ensure that person knows to leave their mobile phone on in case they are called
- Ensure all bills have been settled for suppliers who need to be paid in advance and that you give the money to a reliable friend or family member for any payments that need to be made on the day (there's nothing worse than a supplier who doesn't turn up or who won't provide services because they haven't been paid!)
- Pull together a list of all your suppliers, what they are responsible for and contact names and numbers. Copies should then be given to key members of the wedding party and your venue in case anyone needs to contact them
- Send an email to each of your suppliers confirming what your expectations are, include a copy of the timing plan you've done (see tip 1) and provide them with the appropriate contact details in case of emergencies for on the wedding day
- Make a special friend of whoever will be managing your wedding on the day at the venue and ensure they understand what is really important to you.