So you've spent lots of time and energy getting yourself ready for your big wedding day and now it's just around the corner. So how do you make sure that your big day is as fabulous as you've dreamt it will be? Follow our hints and tips over the next few months to get some great advice to make sure your wedding day is all you imagined it should be.
Tip 3 - Plan your wedding venue set up
Every bride has an image in their heads of how their wedding venue is going to look on their big day, however, don't just assume that it will look that way and that everybody else understands your vision!! If you don't want to spend the morning of your wedding very stressed, directing where things should be placed, follow these tips for ensuring your wedding is set up exactly as you want it to be:
- Write a list of everything that needs to be taken to the venue, detailing who is taking it and when it will be there. A typical list will include things like - flower arrangements, table plan (ensure you know what it is to be displayed on), cake, cake stand, cake knife, guest book, pen, name cards, favours, menus, table numbers / names & holders, children's presents, table confetti, presents for parents & wedding party, candles, table cameras, confetti, orders of service
- Ensure everyone (including suppliers) who is responsible for delivering items to the venue is clear on what they are doing, who they should hand them to and when they need to arrive by
- Make a plan of each room that is being used at the venue indicating where you would like everything to be (including flower arrangements, furniture moves, bands, drinks tables, sweetie stations,cake table etc)
- Draw a detailed plan of how you want your tables to be set up - in particular how each setting should look
- Outline how your venue should be set out for your evening reception - highlighting anything that needs to change
- Go through all these plans in details with your venue so they know exactly how each room should be set out. If your venue is not setting up the rooms for you it can often make sense to have a wedding co-ordinator to do this for you
- Delegate someone you trust to check the rooms are set up as you would like them to be.